Thursday 31 December 2009

Leave me alone

Once, two of my friends -a doctor and an engineer expressed their desire to spend a night in the house of a very small farmer in a remote village. As a NABARDian, I was thrilled and I took them to a village quite far from our town.
After moving round the fields, around 10 p.m, we knocked at the doors of a small farmer and explained our mission and wanted him to help us stay in his house overnight. He was nice to oblige us but, expressed his difficulty in accommodating all the three in his small house. He said that he could take in only two of us and advised that the third one could stay in the cattle shed just outside.
My engineer friend opted to stay in the cattle shed and so myself and my doctor friend were allowed to sleep inside the house. After an hour or so, there was a knock at the door. The farmer opened it and found that the engineer friend was standing outside expressing his difficulty in sleeping in the cattle shed due to mosquito menace.
So, my doctor friend volunteered to move to the cattle shed allowing the engineer friend to sleep inside the house. After another hour, there was again a knock at the door. The doctor friend was standing and he pleaded that he be allowed inside as he too could not stand the mosquito bites.
Now, the farmer looked at me and so I moved myself to the cattle shed allowing my doctor friend to sleep inside the house. By then, I had lost all my sleep. After an hour, there was again a knock at the door. The farmer opened the door and he was surprised to see the buffalo standing there.
It said, " This NABARDian is having a big questionnaire in his hand and asking all the questions about the cattle breeding, lactation, looking into my teeth to find my age bla bla bla and spoiling my sleep. I cannot stand him. Please allow me to sleep inside or leave me alone."

2 comments: